Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Own Sandy Beach

We just finished a big project in our backyard. We were'nt planning such an extensive project, but you know how projects go. They tend to grow and get bigger then you had planned, take longer, cost more, but in the end you were glad you did it. It started out with getting some curbing for around our garden box, then grew to getting about 150 feet of curbing all over the yard. We needed to know how big to make the sandpile before we could do that curbing so we ended up getting a swingset. Our good neighbor Steve helped us remove grass and dirt with his tracktor, and also helped with the 3 truckloads of sand that was delivered! Come to find out, you don't need a nice planned out sand pile, you just need a pile of sand!













This was the first load of sand.






I'm glad we didn't have to wheelbarrow all the sand.


The second load of sand.




Steve hard at work, thank goodness for that.



There is never a shortage of kids playing in the backyard.



Our new swingset. Everyone does love playing on it. Jon and I even took turns on the slide. I never want to put one of these things together AGAIN!


13 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! So much fun that I didn't recognize many of those kids in those pictures as yours. J&A can't wait to come play!

    Lots of loves!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, now the only thing your missing is a pool...then you could open a kid (and most adulte) paradise vacation spot.

    I love that D-bone is flashing a piece sign in the last picture..where'd he pick that up from?

    Love to all,

    Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please forgive the terrible spelling in the last post...too much proofreading yesterday made me lazy today! I really am literate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun can I be apart of your family... Madie had so much fun the other night playing in the sand. You guys are the best cute pics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey where's my notice that the Auger blog was up and running?
    That is why I want to live in the subdivision, so there are lots of kids to play with! And I can play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Debbie and John!! I didn't know you had a blog up and running either!! I found it off of the Lee's!! Yahoo! Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Auger's! Your backyard looks like the place for the kids to hang out. Welcome to the blogging world

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pics!
    I so wish that my backyard was like yours...yours is gynormous!!
    It really did turn out great!! Way to put Steve to work!! I'll be sure to send my girls over to help break it in...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEBBIE! I FOUND YOU! I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. I'm so glad that you are blogging. i miss you guys so much. You are such an awesome family. We are trying to be like you. Way to go on your backyard! That's what I'm wanting to do in ours. The kids miss having a sandbox and a swingset. Where did you find that cute set? Keep posting! I'd love to stay in touch with you. Love ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been tagged!! Go to my blog for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had to post my weird dad and his weird smile! at least you guys are having fun with the sand box! It was fun babysitting Paityn and Dawson!

    Love,
    McKennah

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been tagged!! Both of you!!! Visit my blog for details!!

    ReplyDelete